The Call for Papers for the RIPE@2022 Conference is still open after the deadline was extended until the 4th April 2022. Join us to discuss the future of #PSM #journalism in September in Vienna.
This year’s RIPE@2022 conference
Between the Fourth Estate and the Fifth Power:
Conservation and Innovation in PSM journalism
will take place in Vienna, Austria, between 18 and 21 September 2022.
The 11th biennial RIPE conference, sponsored by ORF, Austria’s public service media provider, and hosted by the University of Vienna, invites paper proposals relevant to the concerns about the role of public service journalism as an essential and foundational part of the Fourth Estate to effectively challenge the negative impact of the fifth power.
Here are the topics of specific interest to which you could contribute with your abstract:
- Policy developments affecting news and journalism for PSM organizations
- Developments in journalistic and editorial practice in the digital media environment
- Challenges and opportunities posed by commercial interests as the fifth power
- Challenges and developments in news and current affairs across relevant platforms
- Criteria for PSM as the Fourth Estate in the digital ecology
- Declining trust in public institutions, alternative public and strategic alliances
Important Dates & Deadlines
Submission of paper proposals (extended): 4 April 2022
Submission of full papers: 15 August
Conference: 18-21 September 2022
Further details on the Conference Website: ripe2022.univie.ac.at